The educational sessions at APIC 2020 cover key competencies that every IP needs, with topics that range from the fundamental learning necessary to advance patient safety in your facility, to the strategic and thought-provoking ideas that will take your career to the next level. Divided by session types, this overview allows you to craft a curriculum that suits your needs, no matter your experience, or your facility.
Program listing and planner coming soon!
ABOUT THE SESSIONS
Sessions are divided into learning tracks to help attendees understand the core competencies covered. Tracks include:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship, Resistance, and Emerging Pathogens
- Antisepsis, Disinfection, and Sterilization
- Education, Training, and Competencies
- Environment of Care, Construction, and Remediation
- Healthcare Worker Safety and Occupational Health
- Implementation Science and Research
- Leadership and Professional Development
- Outbreak Investigation, Public Health, and Health Policy
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- Surveillance and Technology
We also offer additional tracks presented by the CDC and NHSN, giving you first-hand insight into the issues and topics you care about most.
These hour-long sessions provide IPs at every stage of their career with the tools, resources, discussion, and ideas that are essential to successful IPC.
These half-hour sessions provide an overview of key topics in IPC. Programmed with two sessions per hour per room, you’ll maximize your hour in these highly-focused sessions.
Take a deeper dive into the most pressing issues facing IPs today in these interactive, longer-format learning opportunities.